Saturday, April 7, 2007

I have arrived in New Zealand

Dateline: April7th, 2007, 8:34am, Dunk Cafe, Parnell Village, Auckland, New Zealand

Hi everyone!

I've landed safely in New Zealand. After dropping off my luggage at the motel, I am comfortably settled in at a local cafe called "Dunk", which is RIGHT next door to Starbucks, but I opted for the local option! =) Since I was the first to arrive (they were still putting out tables when I got here) I got the prime seating in the back corner, right by the only power socket in the place! =) (If they hadn't found that for me I might have been forced to go next door! =)) And I am logged on to the Village's free internet wifi network! I tell ya, this is the way to travel! =)

I ordered Organic Bangers and Mash for my second breakfast! (First breakfast at 4am on the plane was an omlette with stewed tomato and potato buds.)

(Here would be a lovely photo of that meal if I could only get my chip reader to register its existence on the desktop! Oh well, I'll add it later...) updated 4/12 to add photo!
bangers

Update at 2:58pm

I spent hours sending the last e-mails for work, and, funnily enough, the offices of Paramount Pictures, New Zealand are right next door to the cafe! So I guess the Viacom Family is never far away... =) I saw the clientelle of the cafe turn over a million times (though breakfast is still served till 3pm and the pancakes look GOOD!... hey, isn't it about time for lunch? =)

Now that is all done I think a walk to the beach is in order!

No comments: