Monday, April 9, 2007

Reach for Bunny Street...

April 9th, 2007 - 6:30pm - Wellington, New Zealand
As we walked around town throughout the day, we followed the map given to us by the hotel. I noticed on it at the north part of town, a street with a cool name, shared by my Aunt Bunny! So, after I closed down the Te Papa National Museum (last one out, as usual) I of course made my way northward in search of this fun street, and found it! =)

There was a bus stop there with the street names etched on the window as well...

How grand! Definitely worth the trek to the non-active business district in the evening hours, and I got my one-hour walk in for the day as well.

On the way back to the hotel I passed through the more active parts of town, with the restaurants, bars and internet cafes all abuzz. I returned to the area after dinner with Sophie to visit Starbucks and get in some internet wifi time (and a steamed vanilla milk, of course!). One of the baristos there told Sophie he was from Nelson, and she had to visit his home town. Fortunately, it was already on our itinerary!

No comments: